Thursday, June 5, 2008

Petrol Price Hike

It was on the 4th of June 2008, when the increase of petrol by 78cents and diesel by RM1 is announced by our prime minister, with immediate effect by 12am of the following day.
As expected, let it be long or short term, the impact is dramatic. I rush to the petrol kiosk, which is right outside the condoninium that I'm staying at Jalan San Peng, right after work. Took me about 20minutes to queqe up before toping up the remaining half-empty tank of my car. Could have been a 5-minute task during normal days. Anyway, I was lucky enough.

From the 16th floor, I had a clear view of the petrol kiosk. Throughout the night, horns of desperation can be heard. It was annoying.

Well, the cause is obvious. The queqe was getting longer.....


And longer....and all the way down Jalan San Peng.....wow....poor people.

Luckily the madness only last til midnight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha... that's not consider anything, I was spending 6 hours just to travel from Uptown to Puchong, the whole LDP was jam like hell. My car metre cannot go more than 0km/j.

Anonymous said...

the price hike is crazily mad!

anyway, finally! an update! =P

Anonymous said...

C'est La Vie...ppl will get use to the new price soon...bo bian...

Anonymous said...

well done rakyat msia, u did save up some money, most probably able to let u buy a meal or 2.. but u din realise wat u lost..

Anonymous said...

Mine was 2 hours........

cheryl said...

i got read ur blog la...u too long never update..tahts y!