Sunday, December 31, 2006

My First Pet Dog

July




Its name is July. Formerly, a common street dog. Was adopted by my mum on the 26th of July 2004. That's how it got its name. It is considered a very lucky dog because my mum never like keeping dogs. She said it is very troublesome looking after a dog. I was very amazed when my mum suddenly decided to keep a dog. Later I found out that the actual intention of my mum was to have a watch dog for our new house. July was a puppy when we first adopted it. It was cute and small then, measuring barely 1 foot in length. It was a very active and playful puppy. It likes to play catch. Initially, it was heavily infested by ticks. Fortunately, we manage to get rid of its ticks. We also did vaccination and de-worming for it.



It's fun watching July grow day after day. Slowly, July started barking at strangers, unlike the friendly puppy it used to be. July is a fussy eater. That's why it is so skinny, even until now. There's something very special about this dog, that's its ears. The right ear is always erected, while the other never stands up. It's really not easy looking after a dog. We have to bath it a least twice a week, feed and get rid of its stools daily. On top of that, we also spend time playing with it.Keeping a dog also means we have to discipline it. When July did something wrong, sure enough, it'll get appropriate punishment. July as a nasty behavior of "escaping". When the gate is open, it'll rush out if it has the chance. And it'll come back when it already had enough "fun" out there. By the time it comes back, I'll be waiting for him with a cane in my hand. Hehehe... Therefore, we always chain it up when we have to open the gate.

Even though July really pisses us off sometimes, it brings us joy most of the time. My family loves July.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a blog, not a 'Saya seekor anjing' essay.